Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Dreaded Scale

Wow...I have not been on a scale in 6 months, until today. To my dismay, I have gained 30lbs since the last time I stepped on a scale. Is this possible? I am not a couch potato and I have 2 very active children. It appears I have been drowning in a much deeper denial than I allowed myself to realize. I am ashamed and very embarrassed of myself. I am more upset that I have been comfortable enough to live this way.

Through this dark day, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I am changing my life, starting today. If there was a lingering doubt of whether or not I would have the will to stick this out, it vanished when I stepped on that scale. There is a history of cancer and heart disease in my family...although they all look like they just stepped out of a magazine. I want to be around for my children and, someday, grandchildren. I WANT the Bouari program to teach me how to LIVE healthier.

Today, was my first day. I took the Bouari spray this morning a half hour before I took the B12 drops and I have the second dose of my spray under my tongue as I type this. The spray tastes like all the other sprays and drops. The B12 drops are not bad, however. The drops have a hint of sweetness. I individually bagged my steaks, chicken and shrimp into bags for each meal to make it easy. I also have fresh spinach and many organic fruits. I had never tried Perrier before today and my first experience was NOT pleasant. I tried it with lemon...still awful! I will be returning it for Vitamin Water Zero tomorrow. My youngest son tried the water, oblivious to what it was, and spit it out the moment it hit his tongue. It was very funny.

Although today was a "binge" day, I found myself with absolutely no hunger. I had to force myself to eat carbs and fats. I paid for eating the junk food tonight. My stomach is rejecting everything I ate today...TMI, sorry. This will not be as difficult as I psyched myself up to be. I can honestly see the Bouari program working long term. This realization alone is somewhat comforting.

I don't want to ramble, so I will end on these hopes...I hope I will be a healthier, more confident woman at the end of my time on this program. I hope I will learn to live a healthier lifestyle. I hope I will lose my fear of scales and mirrors. Lastly, I hope that I can help another woman surfing the internet who feels as I have felt for so long to know that there IS a program that WORKS! Until tomorrow, enjoy your evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment